...we find that Amelia has gotten into the Desitin tube. It was really quiet, so I went to investigate and what do I find...Amelia suddenly gone white. I don't know if it is a blessing or not that she put it in her hair versus all over the walls or carpet.
She did an excellent job coating her hair; it was so thick. I set off to wash this stuff out. I didn't think it would be that terrible, but I was wrong. I washed her hair at least 8 times with four different kinds of shampoo.
Can't pass up a cute bum picture.
Well, I though that maybe we had all of the greasy, thick Desitin out...
Only to discover that this stuff is impossible to wash out. Her new name is Slick Jane. I guess it makes sense as it is supposed to protect their little bums from moisture, but surely 8 washes would get this stuff out. I even used Paul Mitchell Tee Tree, with careful help from Spencer to make sure that no shampoo got in her eyes (very painful if you get it in your eyes.) Oh well, what is a mom to do...






5 comments:
That is so funny! Her little head was so coated. . .what a little stinker! My girls always seem to go for the vaseline. These kids are so funny!
Holy cow! What a nightmare! Like you said though, at least you didn't have to shampoo your carpet eight times! She's still way too stinkin' cute for her own good, even covered in booty paste!
Adorable pics! Very smart of you to document these occassions with pics. We always know we are in trouble when it's been too quiet for more than a couple minutes. Amaya got into a tube of Mary Kay foundation last Sunday while Joe was home w/her and spread it allover her hair (multiple washes did work for us, fortunately), her sheets, bed spread, down comforter, doll... all within 2 minutes of Joe preparing a bottle for Kendal. What IS a mom to do?! Hard to be mad at a face as cute as Mili's!
Leah and Spence... just found your blog...seems like I remember one of Jody's kids doing the same thing...I want to say it was Joe but you'll have to check with the woman with a memory like a steel trap :) Loved all your family pics! I'll check back often!
Leah: It is so fun to be able to stay caught up with you and your family through your blog. Your little girl is so cute. The pictures are hysterical with her slick willy hair. Take Care!
Post a Comment