We needed a break and what a better way to remedy that than by packing the boat up and heading to the reservoir. We invited the neighbors and prepared to have a great day. Spencer and Billy left the house at 5:30 am telling us they wanted to make sure we got a great picnic area. Sure, they really wanted to fish with some peace and quiet. I must admit, when Jana and I headed up later in the morning with the kids, they picked out a fabulous spot. We were in a cove on the last dock. There was a great beach that the kids could play on and the best part was that we didn't have any traffic since we were at the end of this cove.
Spencer even got in a nap. I couldn't get him to move for anything.
I guess I didn't say or catch the right thing. He sure was off that boat when Billy announced he caught something.
The boys had a great time fishing. They caught Small Mouth Bass, Whitefish, and carp (although they won't admit to that last one.)
After lunch, it was play time.
Spencer and Jana braving the little too frigid water for me.
The normal tubes wouldn't hold Billy up. He needed a Billy sized tube, so we blew up our tube that we pull behind the boat. It worked perfectly. Billy and Trey floating about.
As I mentioned above, the water was a little too cold for me and not to mention Amelia wasn't about to get in. We had a great day. We didn't end up really "boating," but the day was perfect. We had a great picnic spot, the kids could play and do what they wanted, Billy could fish, and Spencer and Jana could float around and relax. We were all overdue for a day like this.
Next chapter
13 years ago






1 comment:
Looks like a great time! I love that Billy had to use your tubing tube just to floast!
Post a Comment