This year Amelia went trick-or-treating as a mini electrician or as Amelia calls her daddy "lectrician." She was already to go: pink hardhat, pink tool belt and a McLean Electric t-shirt.
Posing with the pumpkins, a must every year.
Saying "cheese" for the camera.
This was our first year going door to door and I was real curious how it was going to go...well she loved it especially when she realized she was receiving candy. The door wouldn't even be closed and she was barely turned around before she was asking "do it again?" She was real polite saying thank you after receiving her treat.
As we were walking down the street, Spencer holding on to Amelia's hand, we were quickly thrown back to our days of trick-or-treating. The sound and smell of the leaves as we were walking through them, the other kids on the street, the candle lit pumpkins...the simple days of being a child. Spencer and I really had such a great time. It was just the three of us walking that Halloween night, but it was neat knowing we were starting a tradition with our little girl that we will carry on as long as we can.
At the end of the night, nothing beats unbuttoning your pants because of all of the candy eaten (or in Amelia's case completely losing them) and strolling around the house in your shirt and cowboy boots. She did remember her manners and was sure to throw the candy wrappers away.
Next chapter
13 years ago






9 comments:
How stinkin cute. That must have warmed Spencer's heart to see his daughter want to dress up like him for Halloween. Good stuff there.
on a funny side note- my word verification for this comment was condom. it doesn't usually spell anything, so funny that when it does, that is the word it comes up with?!
She is too cute, looks just like her daddy!
Amelia looked so adorable. How fun for the entire family. I loved going door to door with Amaya (Kendal isn't quite ready for that). Hugs and kisses for your little electrician.
Leah, I was SO glad to see you and Spencer again and meet Miss Amelia while I was in Boise! She is so stinkin' cute! You guys did good on her! :)
Happy Halloween. So fun to have her out for her first time - here's to many more years of knocking on doors and looking awfully cute in her costumes.
Leah, you really come up with the best costumes! She was so cute! Too funny!
She is too cute. I love the pink hard hat!
Leah, I've been doing an extensive amount of blogging recently, and I can't help but notice that you are a prolific commentor with the exception of our blog...should I take this personally? If I don't see a comment soon, I may have to assume you don't like me!
That is so fun! She is such a doll. Holidays are getting so fun with the kids. I can't wait for christmas.....
Post a Comment