Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Baby Turns Three

Three years ago today we were blessed with a very special gift. She came 7 weeks early on us, but she was strong and a fighter from the very beginning. We love our little Amelia and have learned so much about ourselves through her.

In the NICU right after she was born; 4 lbs 10 oz.


She had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks.


After we brought her home, she was such a tiny thing. Preemie clothes were too big for her.



Now is she growing up, telling us her wants, likes, dislikes, and opinions. It is fun to see her little personality shinning through. She is such a polite and loving little girl and we truly cannot imagine our lives without her. I never realized how much I could love something until I had her.
Happy Birthday Amelia. Your daddy and mommy love you very much.

10 comments:

Katie and Paul said...

Leah you are so fast at blogging. I need to be more like that. The baby pics of Amelia are so cute. She was so tiny, I can't even imagine. Thanks for the party and your chilli is so yummy, I need the recipe. Also sorry about Rae and her tantrum. She obviously has an obsession with baby dolls. Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILLIE!

Sarah Young said...

Wow, even though she was so tiny, she still looked so beautiful and perfect. You and Spencer really have been blessed with one incredible little girl! I'm so glad I was able to see you guys in October and experience her little personality firsthand! Happy Birthday Amelia!

Kelli and Chad said...

She was so tiny! It is amazing how they change everything about our lives. Three is such a fun age, tell her happy Birthday from us! :)

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I cannot believe hoe teeny she was at birth! What a cutie.

Melissa said...

time goes too fast! She was so itty bitty, same size as my two peanuts!

McBairdFamily said...

Happy Birthday to Millie! I haven't been on anyones blogs since about the last time I blogged! So fun to catch up you guys!

Barb McLean said...

Happy belated birthday Millie! I love how she has taken all the best parts of you and Spencer. She is kind, inquisitive, funny, and has a strong self will. It is going to be so fun watching her grow up!

Krissy said...

Happy birthday sweet Amelia!! 3 is getting very big... I hope she hadd a wonderful birthday. she is so cute! Don't you just love how their personality blossoms as they get older. Kids are the funniest...

Anonymous said...

I would like to tell you congrats on the news of another baby, however, i thought that you should know how your husband informed me you were prego. He called me, tells me he is on the way to the doc to get a growth in his mouth looked at(poss Cancer)I will have you know i didn't find that very funny, call your brother and tell him you have cancer of the face and then oh, by the way Leah is pregnant, thats why I'm really going to the Doc, have a nice day. Slap the SH*# out of that kid for me Leah.

Amy Michelle said...

I cannot believe how tiny she was. She looked like a doll. I hope you and Spencer are doing well I haven't seen either one of you for such a long time. Sigh, where does it all go?