We headed up to McCall to meet up with the rest of the family to celebrate the 4th. This was to be my last roo-ha as my doctor won't let me travel past 28 weeks. We took the boat up and Spencer's Uncle Steve took his up as well. Saturday morning, we loaded up and hit the lake. It was beautiful. We tooled around for a while before heading back to the shore to try and figure out how to get Joe and Hillary on the boat. McCall is not boater friendly if you don't have access to a private dock. Once we got everyone loaded up and life jackets on the little ones, we headed out to explore. The weather was beautiful and the boys decided they wanted to play. Joe was the first brave one to jump into the freezing lake, Spencer jumped in shortly after, followed by Hillary. I voted to stay warm and dry on the boat. No one lasted very long in the water.
Competition...who could stay in the longest.
Little Kendal with the most serious look.
After we were fed up with not having a public dock to unload/load we decided to trailer the boat and head back to the beach to let the kiddos play. Amelia and Amaya playing in the sand.
Amelia, Kendall, and Jacob. Jacob was nice enough to share his bucket and shovels.
Kendall playing in the water. This one has a brave streak as well as an oblivious notion to adult supervision. She goes where she wants and you can only hope to keep up or catch up.
Building a sand castle. I was so proud of Amelia. Last year she would barely tolerate sand and wanted nothing to do with water or the surf. She loved it this year. It was so nice to not have a screaming kid to deal with.
This is a "please take my picture and leave me alone" smile.
The park/beach had a fun water pad. Jacob wasn't shy at all to get in there and have fun.
Amelia...a little more hesitant and needed a hand to hold on to.
Boy, we are both making some weird faces.
Time for a snack and a little cool down under the umbrella. Yeah I got a little red.
After playing in the boat and the beach all day, we headed back to the hotel and played in the pool. Amelia was having great fun with her Pop-Pop.
And loved being towed around on daddy's back. I just have to say, I love that swim floater. Thanks to Amelia's buddy Shad and his parents for introducing it to us. It doesn't ride up or flip her and she is able to walk and move normally.
Well, Nana and Pop-Pop came and knocked on our door about 9:00 pm to head down to the fireworks, but this is what we had... an absolutely exhausted little girl. Call us party-poopers or really smart parents for not wanting to wake the sleeping beauty or possibly sleeping cougar for the fireworks. We were all exhausted from being out in the sun all day, that we ended the Fourth of July with Amelia out cold, Spencer watching cable (which we don't have at home) and me enjoying my book. It was a great weekend and we really enjoyed catching up with the extended family and sharing laughs and stories.






3 comments:
sounds like fun! leah you are lookin' great girl!
I love the McCall lake, it is so beautiful up there. That is so cool you and Hillary are sister in laws. I know I knew that, but I guess it didn't register til I saw your pictures. I bet that is a blast! Looks like an awesome fourth, even if you didn't catch the firework show. It was probably way crowded anyway :)
Looks like you guys had a blast! So if you aren't able to travel anymore can you still go boating? We might need to plan a trip!!!
Post a Comment