Monday, September 14, 2009

Welcome to our Family

I would like to introduce you all to Charlotte Spencer McLean. She joined our family Saturday September 5, 2009 at 4:37 pm weighing 7 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long. It was quite a speedy birth. I woke up Saturday morning with mild contractions which continued throughout the day. They weren't anything I should go running to the hospital with, according to all the books. About 3:15 pm my water broke. Spencer was in a class all day and I texted him to let him know. I then called my dad to come get me. I loaded up Amelia, the dog and all of my bags and we headed to the hospital. In route, I was finally able to get a hold of Spencer and told him to meet me at the hospital. Spencer and I kissed Amelia goodbye and headed up to the maternity admittance. I was admitted at 4:00 pm, promptly told them I wanted an epidural, was taken to the labor and delivery room about 4:15, told I couldn't get the epidural as I was too far along and delivered at 4:37 pm. Having to go all-natural again, at least it was a fast delivery. I have to say kuddos to my dad, who was driving 80 mph on the freeway and ran a red light, for getting me to the hospital as fast as he did or I might just have had her in the car.



Meeting my newest love.


Snuggling with mommy.


Amelia meeting her baby sister for the first time.


Amelia was really interested in the bed and changing the TV channels to find the cartoons, but she did acknowledge Charlotte.


Amelia was sitting beside me and said, "I think she wants me." So we put Charlotte in her arms and Amelia held her for a little bit. Then she said, "I'm done." That was it, she didn't want Charlotte anymore.




Spencer and his brother Joe and a crying Charlotte.


At home all snuggled up.


This is her favorite sleeping position...on your chest. Amelia was the same way. Charlotte will just sleep and sleep and is perfectly content.

12 comments:

Jefferson & ReNae said...

She is beautiful Leah. Congratulations. You are the woman

Sarah Young said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you guys! And Leah, you ARE the woman! Holy cow, that is one birthing story you will have to remind Charlotte of for the rest of her life!

Melissa said...

Congrats!!

Tiffany Hales said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

Lindsey said...

Wow...what a doll. Can't wait to meet her. I am looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks. Great job Leah! You have don't it again another beautiful little girl to add to the McLean Clan. She will have a lot of girl cousins to hang with. Once again...congrats! Mike

Katie and Paul said...

Leah she is beautiful baby! Congrats on a speedy labor and more power to you with no drugs! And I'm glad Spencer made it in time! Call when you are ready for visitors!

Krissy said...

oh my goodness congratulations!!! Your pregnancy is over!!! Hooray...Two little girls. How fun! She is beautiful.. I hope things are going well and you are able to get some rest....

McBairdFamily said...

Congratulations! Allie was so excited that there were pictures of Charlotte posted we have all been anxious to see what she looks like! As we expected she is beautiful! We are so excited for all of you and can't wait to meet our newest cousin. Love, the Bairds

Kelli and Chad said...

Congratulations! I am glad everything went so smoothly. were you stressing you couldn't get a hold of Spencer at first?? I am so happy he made it, she is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for not realizing that you had given birth sooner, I have been running all over Afghanistan. Congrats, now please tell me that you haven't ruled out trying for more, we need to keep producing more of these good looking little guys to balance out all the rest that can't live up to the McLean good looks!

Melisa said...

Hey, I just found your blog from reading Jeri's blog. Congratulation!! Such a cute little family. I hope you are doing well.

Kristine said...

She is soooo cute! Cannot wait to meet your girls.. we have got to have a McLean family reunion soon.. we are missing out on so much of our cousins lives!