Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh a trip to the hospital...

Spencer decided to self-diagnose himself after being sick for a week...walking pneumonia (thanks to the Internet). After hearing that "he's dieing" numerous times, I was finally able to convince him to go to the doctor. Being a Saturday, we headed to the ER. Surprisingly, it was fast and not too bad. The doctor wanted to test him to see if he had the flu, so he had two long wire Q-tip looking things shoved up his nose and then they had to stay there for 30 seconds. Spencer did really well, I only counted three tears. Just kidding, he composed himself really well.


Our sick boy. Amelia looked at this as the perfect opportunity to snuggle. Nothing better than cuddling with her dad, Pooh by her side, thumb in her mouth, and cartoons on TV.

Too sick to do anything but lay in bed and watch movies. Now I will give him that he wasn't feeling well at all, but I think the ladies can sympathize. Men are the biggest babies when they get sick.






3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor Spencer! We sure are feeling bad that he is all sick and laying in bed. The funny thing is that a woman could be just as sick and still get the laundry done, meals cooked, and kids taken care of. Sorry for the lack of sympathy Spence - but really what do you expect from me?

Sarah Young said...

Leah, I'm so glad you're blogging! I've often wished I could keep up with you and Spencer too and now I can! Hooray! Tell Spencer, it sounds like he has the same thing I had and even as a big, tough woman :), I totally sympathize, IT'S AWFUL! I hope you and that cutie-pie Amelia stay healthy and Spencer gets better soon!

hilla said...

So true!! Especially the McLean brothers!! Joe is the BIGGEST boob when he is sick: crying and whining all day, and wanting to be waited on hand and foot. I'm glad Mili got some quality Daddy time out of it!