Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mother's Day

We had a busy Mother's day of having guests over for brunch and then over to my dad's for a BBQ. Spencer gave me a gift certificate to a local nursery. I am so excited as my goal for this summer is to plant two trees, get one flower bed planted, and my garden.

We had a really nice Mother's Day. I had my mom, sister, niece and nephews over for quiche and fruit. Spencer kept the older kids occupied upstairs playing games. Collin and Camille had a lot of fun playing with their Uncle Spencer. Amelia and Corbin were so good playing together. With all the kids occupied, my sister, mom and I were able to have a nice adult conversation. It was a really enjoyable morning.




After my sister and mother left, we headed to my dad's to celebrate Mother's Day and our birthdays. The day was beautiful and we had a great BBQ outside. The kids were busy playing outside and before we new it, they were all down to their skivvies.



Amelia and her great-grandma. I don't know if grandma would like me sharing this, but Amelia has this thing were she will touch your boob and say "Mommie's boobie" or "Daddy's boobie." Well, Amelia reached out and said "boobie" to grandma. Grandma didn't quite know how to take this and got a look of shock on her face. I just started to laugh as I am used to her doing this to me. Poor grandma.



The kids decided to play in the water. At first Amelia wasn't too keen about getting in as the water was "ooh, cold" (as Amelia puts it). She eventually made her way in, but not quite to the sitting position as Corbin and Collin. They all had fun and it was a nice day. I truly enjoyed my day of being a mom, sister, daughter, aunt, granddaughter, and wife. I have a great family and am so thankful for them all.

1 comment:

Sarah Young said...

Brynna told my mom "Ooh Nana, I like your boobies!" So I guess Amelia's not alone in the boob obsession dept!