Amelia was eating her dinner when she promptly got down and dead bolted for the stairs, the famous location where she likes to poop. I glimpsed her be-lining for the bottom of the stairs and scooped her up and quickly took her to the bathroom. I striped and sat her down. I told her that she needed to poop in the toilet and not her pants. She agreed with me (amazingly) and promptly told me, "Leave me alone I'm pooping." I told her O.K., but she repeated that I was to, "Go, I'm pooping." She obviously does not want anyone around when she conducts her business. You ask WHY am I blogging about this...Well, this was Amelia's first time pooping in the potty. YEAH. It was quite the exciting moment. I danced around and was asking for high-fives. I was proud and I think she was too. Hopefully this is a sign that she is wanting to move forward with the whole potty training thing. Fingers crossed.
Next chapter
13 years ago






5 comments:
WAHOO! See what did I tell ya! When she's ready, she's ready!
Way to go Amelia! Nothin like droppin a duece in the toilet instead of your pants.
I'm crossing my fingers for you too! There is nothing more gratifying than the day that your child starts using the toilet and you no longer have to change the diaper full of a seemingly adult-sized poop!
Good to see that she hasn't gone the way of here Uncle Mike, looking to extend an inventation to come watch/chat with her while taking care of business
That is the funniest thing!!! Go Amelia... What a big girl. I am having a heck of a time with HAlle. She is terrified of the potty... I am beginning to get very stressed over the issue.. Every time I try and sit her on the potty she screams....She will be three in february!!!!!
Post a Comment