Does the Brain Shrink During Pregnancy?
Yes, the mother’s brain typically shrinks during pregnancy by as much as 8% of its original size.
The brain returns to its normal size about 6 months after delivery.
Researchers have not concluded exactly why this happens but they believe the most likely reason is that the fetus’ need for lipids (fats) is the cause.
The brain is rich in fats and fatty acids.
Many women report becoming forgetful during pregnancy. Perhaps this is why? The fetus pulls all of the materials it needs from the mother to create a healthy human body to house its journey through the world.
To see whole article http://tobeinformed.com/40/does-the-brain-shrink-during-pregnancy/
That sure does explain a lot. A gal at work sent me the above link and told me I now have a scientific excuse. I wonder what our husbands will have to say?
Next chapter
13 years ago






3 comments:
Leah, thank you for that post! It makes total sense now why I feel like I'm losing it! And its proven evidence, even better!
Ooh my pregnant friend Laura will love this little tidbit of info! Hope pregnancy is otherwise being good to you!
I don't think we need a DNA test on "the youngest", it is becoming quit obvious he comes from a different family, one that was raised thinking all animals were cute and friendly until that unfortunate day when "the youngest" was an infant and the family disappeared in Alaska trying to pet the cute grizzly bear and her little babies. Only "the youngest" survived and was flown to Idaho for adoption. Poor kid didn't stand a chance coming from that blood line.
Post a Comment